Looking for a Post?
Most Popular Posts
- My Personal Experience with Nu Skin - The Company with an Ulterior Motive
- To Share: My One-Week Travel Itinerary of Amazing Taipei
- Boyfriend Proposed...
- Wedding Prep: Step #1 --- Secure a Date for the Wedding
- The Tinghun List
- Why I Went Back to Manila After 10 Years Overseas?
- Why women get into catfights?
- 16 Things About Taiwan That Drive Me Crazy
- Wedding Prep # 5 - How to Pick Wedding Favors for your Guests
- I'm Not Perfect --- Are You?
- How I Met my Husband
- As a working mom, do you get angry or annoyed when the non-working moms say “I left my career to raise my child”? How do you manage this situation?
- How a Motorcycle Led to Infidelity
- Teaching Resilience Early
- Stories of Manila: The Rascal
- Suggestion: Let’s Remove the Word, “Dapat” from our Vocabulary
- When you’re depressed, still count your blessings
- When you lose a baby via miscarriage
- When your Baby Dies inside You
- Mommy Guilt and Being a Bad Mother
- 10 Best Books for Babies (0-3 years old)
- The Problematic Bear
- 8 Things I dislike about Pregnancy
- Two Sports Games: One Uplifted the Nation, the Other Disgraced It
- One of the Hardest Things to Do is to Do Nothing
- business ethics
- family drama
- first days of marriage
- human resources
- life lessons
- managing your own business
- Married Life
- Philippine relationships
- random thoughts
- relationship conflicts
- work-life balance
Tag Archives: onlyinthephilippines
A high school student came the other day and asked me about my experience as a businesswoman. His comments made me reflect on the decisions that I’ve made and why I actually got into business. My parents were both businessman. … Continue reading →
I got a new yaya 2 days after the old yaya left. I caught old yaya on Saturday, asked her to leave on Sunday, and interviewed and hired a new yaya on Tuesday. April 9 was a holiday so maybe … Continue reading →
We went to a children’s party today. During one of the games, my husband who was babysitting (yaya was in day-off) sat our 2-year old toddler in one of the seats previously occupied by another kid when she stood up. … Continue reading →
I’ve interviewed thousands of people since our business is in retail and we have been expanding. When I interview, there’s a few red flags I look out for. The biggest bombs come after the question, “Why did you leave your … Continue reading →
The 8th Commandment commands, “Thou shalt not lie.” And yet, we continue to do so on a DAILY basis. I am aghast on how easily and naturally people lie. They tell white lies to “avoid hurting your feelings.” They commit crimes of … Continue reading →
When you work in the Philippines, you’d never know what you’re going to get. Like yesterday, here is the text exchange between myself and an employee coming in on her first day: Employee (Text: 8:51am): “Hi Ma’m. Good morning. Ma’m, … Continue reading →
I realized that you always get what you pay for. This month, my business is looking for a junior administrative officer. The minimum wage is Php 466/day or Php 12,200/month (that’s USD 285 for 26 working days). I’m willing to pay … Continue reading →
While I am lucky to have a few good men, I couldn’t help but observe how disappointing the Philippine workforce can be. There are just a lot of headaches that occur here that would probably not happen in Hong Kong and Taiwan. … Continue reading →