Looking for a Post?
Most Popular Posts
- My Personal Experience with Nu Skin - The Company with an Ulterior Motive
- Three Bad Lucks
- So what's it like to be high on weed? (Warning: Has R-18 Content Below)
- Reprint: Why Chinese Girlfriends Are Superior (By Chinese Girlfriend)
- Why I Went Back to Manila After 10 Years Overseas?
- One-Day Taipei Itinerary: What to do if you have ONE day in Taipei?
- Mommy Review: Gymboree Magnolia
- So how to keep a relationship while in MBA?
- The Problem with Chinese Parents
- Why do guys ask, "Do you like me too?"
- Three Bad Lucks
- What’s the Difference Between a Aspiring Entrepreneur and the Boring Employee?
- Why You Have to Love Yourself
- Leadership Lesson: Your Business Loses Money if You Don’t Double Check
- Why I got into Business
- The Danger of Discontentment
- Why We Brought our Toddler to the Dentist
- Why we didn’t bring Little Pea this trip
- Questions to ask during yaya interview
- Bye Bye Yaya!
- Leadership Lesson: Be Kind
- Leadership Lesson: Assign Responsibility to the Person to Increase Accountability
- Apparently, I’m a boss b*tch
- 6 Reasons Why You’re Still Single at 40
- Why would a beautiful 40 year old woman still be SINGLE?
- being different
- business ethics
- family drama
- first days of marriage
- how do you know if he's the One
- human resources
- life lessons
- managing your own business
- Married Life
- Philippine relationships
- relationship conflicts
- work-life balance
- 522,070 Visitors
Tag Archives: business
A lot of people want to be in business to get rich. They feel that to be an employee, you’d be stuck working for someone else for peanuts for the rest of their lives. I actually disagree. For one, many … Continue reading
My husband loves cars. He loves his people. And he loves talking to his customers. However, he HATES looking at bank statements, ledgers and statement of accounts. Whenever he gets one, he gives it one look and tosses it away … Continue reading
When I was in Hong Kong, I learned how to be a bigger b*tch. Everything was fast paced and everyone was on top of their games. I worked with the best of the best, and loved it. I worked from … Continue reading
We love a hurrah story — A story when a group comes together in lieu of a single goal, working together cooperatively and achieving success. A hurrah story is big picture. It makes a great story, but when you inspect … Continue reading
One of the hardest things about being a boss is making unpopular decisions. I had one such experience last month. One of my contractual sales staff had a personal emergency. The night before, she fought with a live-in partner and … Continue reading
I have extensive experience of multiple staff who are especially hard headed. These are the people who intentionally try to circumvent the rules when they can, and pout when they cannot. True Story # 1: My brother went on a … Continue reading
My father-in-law warned me from being jealous of the very rich men in the country. He said, “Don’t ever think they are rich just because they say they are rich. You never know, they are even poorer than we are.” … Continue reading
Ever since I was young, my father has always instilled to me the wonders of being an entrepreneur. “You need to manage your own business, Bonita,” he said. “No matter how high up the corporate ladder you get, if you are … Continue reading
My father-in-law tells me about a janitor who works in his Association’s building. Since he was the Association President that year, he was the one who interviewed and oriented that personnel before hiring him. “The janitor was good. He has initiative,” he … Continue reading
Our store in Robinsons Galleria was the branch that started it all. It was the first branch we signed the contract on after my in-laws gave us the company to manage. We refurbished a brand new look and feel for … Continue reading
We hired a Designer two weeks ago. He was in his 30s, worked for a food packing company, and could seem to do the job. He showed us his impressive portfolio and I liked how his designs seem professionally done … Continue reading
Fortunes are lost because of stupid 5-second mistakes. I lost USD 1,200 (or Php 60,000+) over the weekend because of a stupid one. I ordered a few boxes of goods for shipping to Manila. Usually, the boxes are heavy and … Continue reading
I had a staff member start working for us last week. According to her, she was living with her aunt in Caloocan, and the aunt was forcing her to find work. “I only have php 5.00 in my pocket,” she … Continue reading
It’s all about execution. No matter how great your ideas are, if you do not execute your idea, you won’t become successful. Case in point, we have a small accessory retail business. Currently we have 20 stores in major malls … Continue reading
When we got married, my husband’s father gave us a very small business to manage. It was supposed to be our “bread and butter.” When he gave us the business, it wasn’t cashflow steady. It was not profitable and we were running at … Continue reading
Our office needs a new accounting clerk so I’ve been holding interviews this week. To be honest, it’s not easy to find good, capable, and willing employees nowadays. Many of the applications I received were from under-qualified candidates or from applicants … Continue reading
Poor Little Pea. 🙁 The Lord has put a lot of trials in front of us the last week. It has been stressful for us. Fortunately, all these trials are work-related. In one week alone, we had to deal with four different malls. … Continue reading