Looking for a Post?
Most Popular Posts
- My Personal Experience with Nu Skin - The Company with an Ulterior Motive
- Mommy Review: Gymboree Magnolia
- Taipei Strip Bars 101
- Slum Living in Baseco Manila
- One-Day Taipei Itinerary: What to do if you have ONE day in Taipei?
- Why I Went Back to Manila After 10 Years Overseas?
- Breakup Etiquette: would you return the expensive gifts your ex gave you...
- To Share: My One-Week Travel Itinerary of Amazing Taipei
- A Sister's Advice to a Brother on his Wedding Day
- Why do guys ask, "Do you like me too?"
- When your Baby Dies inside You
- Mommy Guilt and Being a Bad Mother
- 10 Best Books for Babies (0-3 years old)
- The Problematic Bear
- 8 Things I dislike about Pregnancy
- Two Sports Games: One Uplifted the Nation, the Other Disgraced It
- One of the Hardest Things to Do is to Do Nothing
- When someone doubts your integrity
- I am Pregnant… Again!
- What do you do if you hate your daughter’s boyfriend?
- Hiring in the Philippines
- 10 Factors I Look Into When Weeding Out Job Applicants in the Philippines
- Marriage Tip: Love Your In-Laws
- Life Tip: Get a smaller house
- When a Deal Falls Apart
- business ethics
- family drama
- first days of marriage
- human resources
- life lessons
- managing your own business
- Married Life
- Philippine relationships
- random thoughts
- relationship conflicts
- work-life balance
Category Archives: Parenthood
When I see perfect mothers on the Internet, who fuss about how to correctly clean their baby bottles and sterilize their house, I feel a bit guilty. As a working mother, I am usually pooped after work. After the stress … Continue reading
This month, our 2 year old daughter cleaned her teeth at our neighboring dentist. This is the third time she’s visited the dentist for cleaning. Luckily, she was docile and kept still for most of the cleaning. “Why would you … Continue reading
I talked about the Big Bad Wolf Booksale the other day. We were all having a ball scouring through rows and rows of books. My 2 year old daughter kept on putting books to the pushcart while my poor mother … Continue reading
In marriage, it’s easy to push responsibilities to your partner. “It’s the job of the mother to take care of the kids.” “It’s the job of the wife to cook for the husband.” “It’s not my job to keep the … Continue reading
My husband thinks I’m crazy. “Why do you even need to celebrate her birthday party? She’s only two,” he said. “She is way too young to remember.” He sees me buying stuff for her lootbag. I am very happy with … Continue reading
My baby is exclusively breastfed ever since she was born. Despite me overstocking various brands of milk bottles, daughter refused to drink from the bottle. I had to sell all our surplus bottles just because she refused to drink if … Continue reading
My uncle is a single parent with an adult daughter. He was separated from his wife years ago, and has resorted to maintaining a slew of long-term girlfriends. The current girlfriend has been in his life for a decade already. … Continue reading
My husband is fixing the zamboni machine at an ice skating rink in an SM mall. We bring along our daughter with us. We picked her up from home and bring her along with us. At present, she is just … Continue reading
Yesterday, we had to admit my daughter into the hospital. She’s had on and off fever for three days straight, and her white blood cells are a high 38,000 count. The average count for white blood cells for babies her … Continue reading
Dear Brother, Welcome to the married club! Finally, you’ve decided to get married! And if you wonder why I’ve been less opinionated as of late, know I do so because I wanted you to make the most important decision in … Continue reading
Like many mothers, I have enrolled my baby on both Gymboree and Kindermusik. For Kindermusik, my baby has finished a semester and one unit in two of their branches. For Gymboree, we have only availed of their Php 600 trial … Continue reading
My daughter is an exclusively breastfed baby. Ever since she was born, she has received nourishment straight from the boob. Not for the lack of trying, we’ve tried to get her to take milk from the bottle, but she has stubbornly … Continue reading
“(Our baby’s name) is not pretty, but at least she is kiao (smart),” my mother-in-law said. She says this often to anyone who will listen to her. While many mothers may feel scandalous for their own babies are called ugly or not … Continue reading
…is to be the recipient of so many “helpful” advice. I kid you not. Ever since I became a mother, I had to wrap my head around well-meaning advice givers who seem to know better how to raise my child. One … Continue reading
I remember going back from the hospital after giving birth to our baby girl. It was such an overwhelming moment. You feel awash with a sense of responsibility. That it’s no longer about you anymore. That it’s now about HER. To be … Continue reading